Saturday, November 8, 2014

Art Market

I've participated in the Carey Street Crawl three times now.  The last time I did it, I said that was my last time; however, last night's space was split with a coworker friend, which made it easier to commit to.

It was an enjoyable evening, although a bit chilly.  There were several more vendors than in the past, probably because we're officially in holiday shopping season.  There was a  decent crowd, but we realized it was heavily influenced by the band's intermissions, most likely because of the cooler temps.

Again, I had no sales, but lots of lookers.  I even tried not putting price tags on things to get people to ask and tried a different display, but it didn't help.  My friend sold only one of her scarves, but also had lots of lookers.

Since I've done the market a few times now, I feel like I'm one of the gang.  There are some folks who have participated since day one; I think the first Carey Street Crawl was in March of this year. But the long time vendors seem to recognize me and I them, which makes it more like the community gathering that it's supposed to be.  For similar thoughts, read this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment